LITTER LESS FOR SCHOOLS PROGRAMME 2017
In 2017 the Young Reporters For The Environment programme is back even bigger and better! We have partnered again with Wrigley’s to offer the Young Reporters For The Environment Litter Less Programme to New Zealand schools. This well-established and internationally recognised programme will be offering enthusiastic young people a chance to make their voices heard and to feel that they are being listened to.
The goal of the YRE Litter Less is to reduce litter and affect long-term behaviour change among young people. It aims to empower young people to take a stand on environmental issues they feel strongly about and to give them a platform to articulate these issues through the media of writing, photography or video.
- The programme is designed for students aged 11 – 18 years.
- Students simply need to pick an environmental topic relating to litter, investigate it, and then report on it using one of three categories: Writing, Photography and Film.
- Students will then need to organise a ‘Community Action Day’ where they raise awareness of an environmental litter issue to the whole school and/or wider community.
- Students are then invited to submit their assignments to the YRE competition for a chance to win fantastic electronic prizes and the opportunity to attend a ‘winners workshop’ and award ceremony.
- Schools will then be invited to sign up for the YRE Litter Less programme in February and March.
- We will provide all schools with lots of resources including: a classroom guide, handbooks and worksheets. (Check them out here).
- Using these resources you can then choose how best to incorporate this programme in your school and classroom curriculum.
- You can choose to implement the programme in to selected classes, or you can run it throughout the whole school.
- You can also choose if you would like to run as 1-2lesson plan, or follow the full classroom guide and run for a term.
Expressions Of Interest
If you are interested in taking part in Young Reporters For The Environment - Litter Less programme in 2018 please fill in our expression of interest form here.
To view the winning entries from the 2017 competition, please click here.
This programme is proudly brought to you by: